[openstack-dev] [horizon] Removing the .mo files from Horizon git

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Jul 1 17:26:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

Is there any reason why the .mo files of Horizon are included in the
Git? IMO, they have nothing to do there. They take time to download, and
are the major causes of "git merge" failures for me when preparing
Havana packages. Removing the .mo files would also be a good step to
make sure we follow the guidelines of Debian (as binary generated files
could be considered non-free, and we should make sure everything is
built from source).

So, shouldn't the .mo files be generated at build time only, and be kept
out of the Git?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)