[openstack-dev] [nova] Nova API extensions NOT to be ported to v3

lzy.dev at gmail.com lzy.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 02:31:03 UTC 2013

Hi Chris, thank you for the response.
Replied by inline comments.

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Christopher Yeoh <cbkyeoh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Zhiyan,
>

> On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM, lzy.dev at gmail.com <lzy.dev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM, Christopher Yeoh <cbkyeoh at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>

>> Hi Chris, for "extended_virtual_interfaces_net" extension, actually it
>> is based on 'virtual_interfaces', but I saw they are in different part
>> in NovaV3ExtensionPortWorkList.
>> And our product using those extension currently, so if you can port
>> them to v3 it will be very grateful.
>>

> Just to be clear, the v2 version will remain in Havana so it will be only an
> issue for your product if you are
> porting it to the v3 API. As os-virtual-interfaces doesn't support Quantum I
> guess you're only using it when openstack is setup with nova-network?

Yes, in current version our product using nova-network, and planned to migrate
to Neutron.

> It looks to me that it should be possible to get the same information
> through
> the quantum API (and nova-network is going away in the nearish future). Can
> you see any reason that
> might not be possible?

Ok, I have not checked that yet but seems we need implement a new
extension/change in Neutron API layer to cover our requirement what
'extended_virtual_interfaces' current did, maybe.

> It looks like extended_virtual_interfaces should be on that list of
> extensions not to port since it is directly
> dependent on os-virtual-interfaces

Yes, I think so, if you no plan to port 'os-virtual-interfaces'.