[openstack-dev] Metering meeting agenda for Wednesday at 21:00 UTC (Jan 30th, 2013)

Nicolas Barcet nicolas at barcet.com
Wed Jan 30 22:05:08 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM, Nicolas Barcet <nicolas at barcet.com> wrote:
> The metering project team holds a meeting in #openstack-meeting, odd week on
> Wednesdays at 2100 UTC
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=21&min=0&sec=0>.
>
> Everyone is welcome.
>
> Agenda:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda
>
>  * Review last week's actions
>     - nijaba to specify draft policy on wiki for units
>     - nijaba to untarget synaps bp for now
>     - nijaba to propose a doodle for helthmon meeting
>     - nijaba to formaly start ml thread about core dev startus for
> yjiang5_home and llu-laptop
>     - sandywalsh to start a thread about adopting
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/HACKING.rst
>
>  * Approval of https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/HACKING.rst
>
>  * Approve nw bp: http://wiki.openstack.org/NewCeilometerAgent ?
>
>  * Welcome to Yunhong Jiang and Lianhao Lu as core dev
>
>  * Open discussion
>
> If you are not able to attend or have additional topic(s) you would like
> to add, please update the agenda on the wiki.

The meeting occured, here is a summary:

==============================
#openstack-meeting: Ceilometer
==============================

Meeting started by nijaba at 21:00:07 UTC.  The full logs are available
at
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ceilometer/2013/ceilometer.2013-01-30-21.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------

* LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda  (nijaba,
  21:00:07)
* actions from previous meeting  (nijaba, 21:01:34)

* nijaba to specify draft policy on wiki for units  (nijaba, 21:01:42)
  * ACTION: nijaba to specify draft policy on wiki for units  (nijaba,
    21:01:42)

* nijaba to untarget synaps bp for now  (nijaba, 21:02:14)
  * That was done.  (nijaba, 21:02:14)
  * Done as well.  The meeting occured today and allowed good progress.
    More to come at the summit.  (nijaba, 21:02:34)

* nijaba to formaly start ml thread about core dev startus for
  yjiang5_home and llu-laptop  (nijaba, 21:05:45)
  * This was done. We'll discuss this is a moment  (nijaba, 21:05:45)

* sandywalsh to start a thread about adopting
  https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/HACKING.rst  (nijaba,
  21:05:56)
  * This was done and we'll vote on the adoption in a moment  (nijaba,
    21:05:56)

* yjiang5 and llu-laptop are now core dev for ceilometer  (nijaba,
  21:06:22)
  * congratulations  (nijaba, 21:06:28)

* Vote on adopting the hacking guidelines  (nijaba, 21:14:02)
  * LINK: https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/HACKING.rst
    (nijaba, 21:14:02)
  * LINK: https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/tools/hacking.py
    (dhellmann, 21:16:04)
  * VOTE: Voted on "adopt the hacking guidelines?" Results are, yes: 9,
    abstain: 0, no: 1  (nijaba, 21:19:00)
  * ACTION: sandy will integrate hacking.py  (sandywalsh, 21:19:35)

* Approve http://wiki.openstack.org/NewCeilometerAgent ?  (nijaba,
  21:20:19)

* A note about
  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/use-new-rpc-messsage
  (nijaba, 21:44:45)
  * LINK: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/trusted-messaging
    has no goal/milestone target anymore  (jd__, 21:45:47)
  * ACTION: jd__ contact Eric Windisch about nova's trusted-messaging
    blueprint status  (jd__, 21:47:36)
  * LINK:
    http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-January/005200.html
    (dhellmann, 21:49:40)

Meeting ended at 21:58:36 UTC.

Action items, by person
-----------------------

* jd__
  * jd__ contact Eric Windisch about nova's trusted-messaging blueprint
    status
* nijaba
  * nijaba to specify draft policy on wiki for units

People present (lines said)
---------------------------

* nijaba (89)
* sandywalsh (74)