[openstack-dev] RFC: Recording/providing ISO image headers in glance

Mac Innes, Kiall kiall at hp.com
Wed Jan 30 11:28:56 UTC 2013

Just throwing this out there, I don't necessarily have an opinion either
way..

What about using the HTTP Range header to ask for the first X bytes of
the image? This certainly isn't as efficient for the client as a
dedicated API endpoint, but would not require explicit support for
individual formats to be implemented.

(I'm assuming there is some sort of fixed maximum length for the ISO header)

Thanks,
Kiall