[openstack-dev] [keystone] endpoint versioning in API v3

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 23:58:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Is the keystone-client expected to know the response format? Do you
> expect the version information returned by "swift" same as that of "compute"
>
> Good question. It would be awesome if OpenStack projects that publish a
> public API would standardize on the results returned by a call to the
> API endpoint's root URI (the one that should return a 300 Multiple
> Choice with the version information).

Keystone appears to be the outlier here, nova, cinder and glance all
return a list of version structures like:

{ "versions": [ { ... }, ] }

where keystone's looks like:

{ "versions": { "values": [ { ... }, ] } }

I'm trying to think of a way to change that without breaking things.
How do we version the version discovery API?   It's trivial to change
keystoneclient, but that still breaks all of the other language
bindings that actually use it.

Swift returns a 404.  I didn't have an operational Quantum API
available to check it.

dt

--

Dean Troyer