[openstack-dev] [CI] Gerrit CLA Implementation 2013-02-24

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Tue Jan 29 22:46:45 UTC 2013

Hi Jeremy and crew,
Thanks for doing all this changeover work to get us to the Foundation.

Hi all,
After (finally) reading this whole message, I had some questions, and I
wanted to share the answers with the larger group too.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> The Gerrit service on review.openstack.org will be unavailable
> Sunday, February 24 from 18:00 to 21:00 UTC:
>

> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130224T18&ah=3
>
> The Core Infrastructure Team will be working with the Foundation
> Systems Administrators to replace our Contributor License Agreement
> process with a more streamlined implementation integrated with the
> OpenStack Foundation Membership System. The Foundation has provided
> updated CLA text which will go into effect at that time, and so all
> contributors will need to read and follow the revised steps which
> will be available here once the change is implemented:
>

> http://wiki.openstack.org/HowToContribute#Contributors_License_Agreement

I want to point out to the list... we all need to re-sign the CLA after
Feb. 24th. All. Need. To. Do. It. No whining. :) Also you must be a
Foundation member to sign the CLA. We'll have some wiki page updating to do
in the new wiki for the onboarding process.

If you're the curious type like me, you want to know "what changed?" Well
there's a decent diff to read[1], I mostly see it as changing OpenStack LLC
to OpenStack Foundation and a typo (such as "other others" to "of others").
Even with my practiced "markup diff" eye I don't see other big differences.

> This also effectively severs the last tie in our code review system
> to external group management. As a result, further group management
> on Launchpad ceases to be necessary for code review tasks at that
> time and will need to start taking place in Gerrit instead. Details
> have been added here but won't be usable until the maintenance
> concludes:
>
>     http://wiki.openstack.org/Project_Group_Management

Linked from this page is a new cool admin interface for group management.
Groups we have now should just migrate over, and after 2/24 we can use the
new interface. Even so, I might take it as an opportunity to do some
cleanup.

Those were all my questions -- I thought I'd share in case it helps others.

Anne

1.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/19335/1/modules/openstack_project/files/gerrit/cla.html