[openstack-dev] Motion on Technical Committee membership for Spring 2013 session

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jan 29 09:54:09 UTC 2013

Monty Taylor wrote:
> For that matter, does anyone other than me think it's weird that nobody
> thinks that the TC needs to weigh in on Quantum adding DNS and
> Load-balancing as features, yet we _do_ think the TC needs to get
> involved if someone thinks those features should be added but want to do
> it in a separate git repository?

In the past we ruled that the PPB had to be involved for significant
change in scope (additions or removals) inside a given project. After
all, we judge usefulness and complementarity based on a given scope
description, and if that scope evolves, we should be able to evolve our
judgment as well.

So if you feel like Quantum adding DNS / LB features is stretching the
bounds of its mandate and you'd prefer the projects to be organized
differently, please raise that as a TC meeting topic.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)