[openstack-dev] [Nova] Database changes coming in Grizzly

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 16:38:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 08:24:08AM -0800, Devananda van der Veen wrote:
> * Non-blocking-db -
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/non-blocking-db
>  - Use eventlet's db-pool so that MySQL queries don't block the whole
> python process.
>  - Progress: done, but has a known bug (
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1097992 )
>  - Impact: user-facing. This feature is disabled by default; deployer must
> choose to enable it.

IMHO this kind of config parameter is really dubious. If the feature
works then we should enable it so that people testing Grizzly actually
exercise the code. If it doesn't work there's no point having a config
parameter to enable it, because the toggling it just gives them a broken
system. Assuming the known bug gets fixed, IMHO the config parameter
should be removed so that we get real testing of it by everyone using
and developing Grizzly, not just the 1 or 2 people who might have
manually enabled it.

Daniel