[openstack-dev] Heat PTL Candidacy

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 19:32:55 UTC 2013

Hi!

I want to propose myself for filling the PTL role in Heat.

I have two rugrats (8 and 10) who challenge me daily.  My wife is
involved in the technology industry, so our family is pretty nerdy all
around :)  I like to 4x4 in the nice Arizona winter time where I was
born and raised.

I have been developing software since a wee tike at 12 years old writing
assembly language on x86 processors.  Over the years since I developed
Pascal, Ada, C, and Python as expert languages and have a wide breadth
of experience in kernel, embedded, distributed, and enterprise software
development.  My working life has been mostly focused around high
availability and low scale clustering.  I initiated openais and later
Corosync which used in combination with Pacemaker form the standard
cluster stack used in most open source high availability environments.
After 8 years of working on low-scale clusters, I chose to progress into
high scale clusters software orchestration within OpenStack.

This led to the origination of Heat in March of last year, which is
discussed in more detail here:

http://sdake.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/the-heat-api-a-template-based-orchestration-framework/

As part of my involvement in starting and managing an open source
project and participating in the community that evolved from that work,
I bring a strong work ethic combined with a strong understanding of the
commitment it takes to bring an open source project from wink to
delivery in numerous field deployments with a vast user base.

Thank you for your consideration,
-steve