[openstack-dev] Keystone.federation

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jan 22 12:49:20 UTC 2013

David Chadwick wrote:
> There is an interesting article here:
> http://www.datamation.com/cloud-computing/openstack-set-to-tackle-open-source-federated-identity-in-the-cloud.html
>
> which implies that federated identity management is going on in parallel
> with our existing work, and being organised by Joshua McKenty, founder
> of Piston Cloud and OpenStack Board member. Does anyone else know about
> this?

No. I suspect it's just another unverified press highlight, triggered by
references to our ongoing efforts toward federation in general. Don't
underestimate the capacity of the press to report things slightly wrong
and highlight dubious things into click-worthy titles.

I suspect (and hope) Joshua was just commenting on your work, rather
than talking about some private Piston effort that would duplicate open
work and that even I don't know about :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack