[openstack-dev] [Metering][Ceilometer] Newbie question - running tests in dev env ...

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Jan 21 19:58:06 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21 2013, Sandy Walsh wrote:

> Same problem.
>
> I'm starting to feel very dirty about this install process just to get the
> tests running. I've got eggs upon eggs and I'm installing all kinds of
> packages on my laptop that I don't want.
>
> This really needs to be fully mocked out and clone-run-tests with minimal effort.
>
> Do you have any objections to me working on cleaning this up?

What do you want to clean exactly?
For now I've no idea of what you're exactly doing apart telling things
aren't correct. Did you try using devstack or tox? As far as I can tell,
enabling Ceilometer in devstack should makes you able to run tests
(modulo some packages from test-requires).

--
Julien Danjou
// Free Software hacker & freelance