[openstack-dev] blueprint AMQP RPC single per process response queue performance improvement

Ray Pekowski pekowski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 16:30:27 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Ray Pekowski <pekowski at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got approval to share the results of my scalability study of RabbitMQ as
> used by OpentStack done as part of my work at Dell.  It shows the
> improvement that comes from the single response queue change proposed by
> the blueprint.  Here is a link:
>
> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-droFdkDaVhVzhsN3RKRlFLODQ/edit

For those not having enough time to go over the Dell presentation at the
above link, the short summary is the amqp-rpc-fast-reply-queue blueprint
provides a 23 times improvement to RPC call over a cluster of three
RabbitMQ servers with mirroring enabled.  The RPC call rate goes from 35
RPC calls/sec to 812 RPC calls/sec.

The blueprint can be found here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo/+spec/amqp-rpc-fast-reply-queue

The code review here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/19721/

For those interested, please review the code so that it can be approved.

Thanks,
Ray