[openstack-dev] Glance hang uploading images

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 10:06:16 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 12:56:04AM +0530, Syed Armani wrote:
> I am also facing the same problem while uploading images on latest devstack
> install. Ubuntu image upload worked like a charm but fedora 16 image is not
> moving further from the saving state to active state. I thought there is a
> problem ith image so I tried it with two fedora 16 images taken from two
> different sources and the result was same.  Anyway please let me know if
> someone has found a way around this problem.

I determined that the hang I see is caused by the QPid notifier in glance.
My guess is that there is something wrong with the eventlet code in glance
causing the hang. I don't see any calls to eventlet.monkey_patch in the
glance code, but adding that didn't help.

For now I'm editting my /etc/glance/glance-api.conf to set

  notifier_strategy = noop

Daniel