[openstack-dev] Listing regions and availability zones - Doesn't this belong in Keystone?

Brian Lamar brian.lamar at rackspace.com
Fri Jan 18 18:59:39 UTC 2013

Woah there, why are we talking about scaling?

I'm not 100% confident in my knowledge of availability zones, but aren't they just a lightweight concept that is basically nothing more than a property on compute nodes? How does scaling come in to play?

IMO AZs seem to be very much nova-centric and that data belongs to Nova or *potentially* some sort of orchestration service. The same goes for host aggregate groups, which I still very much confuse with AZs.

Once again, my terminology may be off but I feel like you're talking about cells?

Brian