[openstack-dev] [openstackclient] OpenStackClient coordination

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 06:28:13 UTC 2013

There has been some activity and discussion around openstackclient in
the last week or so and I thought it was time to try and get things
coordinated again.  Both bits of new work that I am aware of are
connected to supporting the new API version being added in Grizzly.  I
want to continue to use the blueprints for coordination of who is
implementing what for the big pieces.

* Josh Kearney has started work on the Image v2 commands and plans to
handle v1 after that.  I've assigned blueprint
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-openstackclient/+spec/glance-client
to him and specifically noted it will cover v1 and v2.

* Steve Martinelli has expressed his intent to implement the Identity
v3 commands.  I expect he will have a v3-specific blueprint up soon.

* I have updated the command mapping
(http://wiki.openstack.org/UnifiedCLI/Mapping) in the wiki.  The verbs
are now on top with a short explanation of what they should do; the
identity commands have also been updated to match the current keystone
cli.  I plan to implement the delta soon and that should close the
keystone-client blueprint.

* We are notably short on tests; I had started writing tests and Josh
has offered to take that start and flesh it out.  We do need to update
the test run bits to match the current state for the other projects.
The change from unittest2 to testtools has been implemented.

* The multiple API handling still needs some thought.  Doug and I
started a discussion in
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-openstackclient/+spec/api-versioning
around this, now is the time to finally work this out.

Anyone else with work in-flight is welcome to follow up here or just
write up a blueprint.

Thanks
dt

--