[openstack-dev] Technical Committee membership evolution

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jan 15 16:37:21 UTC 2013

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> No TC could consider itself as having reached a consensus if PTLs are
> objecting strongly to a proposal. Indeed, I think PTL come pretty close
> to having a veto when it comes to proposals which affect their projects.
> IMHO, that effective veto makes the "1 vote in 13" from a PTL's seat on
> the TC look like a pretty minor thing.

True, a PTL (representing the contributors to a particular project) can
definitely refuse to apply TC (representing all openstack contributors)
decisions to his project. The only (nuclear) option for the TC is to
vote uncooperative or repeated offenders projects off the integrated
release, which is a bit of a mutually-assured destruction, so not really
an option.

Consensus (or paying in beers) should definitely be preferred :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack