[openstack-dev] [oslo-incubator] pyzmq in test-requires

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Tue Jan 8 16:23:23 UTC 2013

> OK, that makes sense.
>
> So it's just a question of:
>
> if a pip-installable module requires a C library, it can be added as a
> test-requires dependency IFF we know the C library will be installed
> on the Jenkins slaves

Sure, that and this will mean developers locally running tests will need to have libzmq installed. It should be worth noting that there is a bug filed against the fact MySQL is in pip-requires. However, currently, there is no real better option. If a better option were to be made avaialble for MySQL-Python, the same could be presumably applied to pyzmq.

Regards,
Eric Windisch