[openstack-dev] [Nova] Running nova with PyPy

David Ripton dripton at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 19:29:30 UTC 2013

On 02/28/2013 12:36 PM, Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:

> Last week, I attempted to run nova with PyPy. It made for a very interesting adventure. Without giving too much away, I did manage to get it to run. It seems like something we should keep our eye on for future usage. The full story with instructions can be found here:
>
> http://vish.everyone.me/running-openstack-nova-with-pypy

Awesome work Vish.  Looks like we're a lot closer to working on PyPy
than I thought.

> Feel free to give it a shot and let me know if you find any errors or ommissions.

There's a typo in your post: "ins't".

The missing os.statvfs is https://bugs.pypy.org.issue833  There's been
some recent work here in the missing-os-functions branch, so maybe it'll
be fixed soon.

I think if you s/psycopg2/psycopg2ct/ rather than just deleting it, it
might actually work with Postgres.

I see a ton of commits in the jitframe-on-heap branch over the last
couple of days, so your eventlet issues may be sorted out soon.

David Ripton   Red Hat   dripton at redhat.com