[openstack-dev] Future of orchestration

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Feb 27 21:09:07 UTC 2013

Since I wanted to get this discussion going sooner rather and I promised at the last meet-up to do this.

http://www.meetup.com/openstack/events/97700872/

I'd like to get feedback on work/design/thoughts that is IMHO very very needed in nova (and possible other components).

It's related to orchestration and how a 'structured' orchestration approach will make nova more scalable, more reliable and easier to maintain/review/develop in the future.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/the-future-of-orch

P.S.

I seem to have broke a previous etherpad (not really sure how, just would say 'loading' and never do anything) @ so hopefully that same kind of breaking doesn't happen at the summit. That'd be a sad moment when multiple people are editing and it stops working/loading.