[openstack-dev] Debian packaging for Grizzly-3: 19 unit tests failed for nova

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 03:00:04 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached to this message you will see the stack dumps of the 19 failures
> which I currently have with the G3 release.
>
> The build was done on my Wheezy laptop, which means that it's not as
> squared as a chroot build with cowbuilder. Though having
> build-dependencies satisfied must be enough to have a successful build.
>
> Any help/hint to solve these issues would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

The test_xml_and_uri_* tests are failing because libvirt gives you a
real UUID and the tests expect the UUID returned by the fake_libvirt
stuff in the testsuite.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/21491/2/nova/tests/test_libvirt.py
contains one way to fix this problem, but I was trying to tie that
change into a change that ran the libvirt tests using the site-package
install of libvirt on Jenkins slaves. Using site-packages is
problematic though so the tests don't pass yet. If folks want I can
decouple those two things (though Jenkins won't actually test that the
fix in test_libvirt.py is working which is why I put them together).

I am not sure about the other tests but they appear to be failures of
mox to clean up properly maybe. I get similar results running
`run_tests.sh -P -d` on top of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/22761/
which adds the -d flag to run_tests.sh and runs tests with
testtools.run. Those failures can be seen at
http://paste.openstack.org/show/32418/.

Clark