[openstack-dev] [oslo] Option conflict when mixing projects

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Feb 20 14:07:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 20 2013, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> I don't know exactly what you're trying to achieve here, but if you need
> different RPC configuration for ceilometer code in nova-compute then you
> need a separate configuration file and a separate ConfigOpts object
>
> Basically, there should be a way to pass an object other than
> oslo.confg.cfg.CONF to the RPC calls.

Ok, but the underlying problem is that we don't control what
openstack.common.rpc does, and it registers its options at import time.

So how can we, Ceilometer, fix this case:

>>> import nova.openstack.common.rpc
>>> import ceilometer.openstack.common.rpc

on our own?

(Hint: the answer "don't do that" isn't valid :-))

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; freelance consultant