[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Dumb question on tarball

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Mon Feb 18 13:58:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

After updating my Quantum code with the one which uses oslo as a
dependency, making the source tree incredibly slimmer, I saw Quantum
was still failing in importing oslo, even if it was correctly in the
pip-requires (and I did re-install the package).

Oslo also showed up correctly in
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_config-2013.1b3-py2.7.egg
I wondered why the import was failing and I found no __init__.py in
the oslo folder. This was easily fixed, but I am still not able to
understand what I did wrong (I just did sudo easy_install
<tarball_url>), since everything looks fine in the tarball.

Regards, and thanks in advance,
Salvatore