[openstack-dev] [nova] [baremetal] Plan of new features from dodai-compute team.

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 16:11:24 UTC 2013

On Feb 10, 2013 5:54 AM, "Etsuji Nakai" <enakai at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi, Devananda
>
> >Are you on irc.freenode.net ? Most of the developers of nova (and the
baremetal driver) hang out in #openstack-dev, and a lot of us are in
#tripleo now too.

> Thanks, I'll talk to you if I could find you there :)
>
> By the way, the introduction pitch (many typos fixed) is now on:
> http://www.slideshare.net/enakai/dodai2-introduction-20130210dist
>
> And I had a chance to talk with Arata Notsu last day and heard about the
latest code status of the baremetal driver. Though I've been looking into
NTTdocomo-openstack branch, it's now merged in the upstream with _many_
modifications. I'll get my team to try the upstream one soon.

Great :-) Trunk has the ipmi + pxe sub drivers, a new virtual power driver,
and an API, along with some quantum integration. There were many changes
made to merge it all, and that is where my development effort is focused.
Of course, I would like to see all the forks converge on upstream....

By the way, I proposed four patches yesterday to improve the deploy
process, and will have a few more this week to address issues we are seeing
during testing. Reviews are always welcome!

We maintain a document/walkthrough for creating a local test environment
which simulates a bare metal deployment using virtual machines on a local
network bridge, and hope this is helpful for other developers getting
involved in the project.

https://github.com/tripleo/incubator/blob/master/notes.md

Regards,
Devananda