[openstack-dev] Bumping eventlet to 0.12.0+

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sun Feb 10 03:30:21 UTC 2013

On 02/09/2013 08:34 PM, Eric Windisch wrote:

>> I have also put together a patch that monkey-patches eventlet.green.zmq:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/21580/
>> <https://review.openstack..org/#/c/21580/>
>>
> It should be noted that this alternative to bumping eventlet would
> require bringing in MIT licenced work from parties that have not signed
> the CLA.

MIT code itself isn't a problem per-se - it's compatible with the
Apache. However, doing that in this way in this context would be a
little bit vexing - at the very least you'd need to attribute them and
add an MIT header. It would be cleaner to fork-lift in the entire file
with a header all its own unmodified and then have the monkeypatch code
reference that so that it's clear what's going on. But I think it's a
bit iffy.

I think upgrading the project to latest eventlet would be WAY less
troubling from this POV.

Monty