[openstack-dev] [quantum] executing shell commands on a tenant's VM

Ilya Shakhat ishakhat at mirantis.com
Mon Feb 4 16:48:09 UTC 2013

Maybe I don't see it quite correctly, but both L3 and DHCP agents operate
with processes running on network controller, however HAProxy is VM that is
launched on demand by Nova and it is not planned to contain any of
OpenStack modules. That's why we faced the need to be able to communicate
between host and tenant networks. The most similar code is from
'quantum-debug ping-all', where a new port is created inside target network
and then command is executed in shell (using ip netns if needed).

Ilya