[openstack-dev] [Nova] Grizzly -> Havanna db migration bug/1245502 still biting me?

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Mon Dec 30 18:25:05 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I'm mid upgrade between Grizzly and Havana and seem to still be having
issues with https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1245502

I grabbed the patched version of 185_rename_unique_constraints.py but
that migration still keeps failing with many issues trying to drop
nonexistant indexes and add preexisting indexes.

for example:
CRITICAL nova [-] (OperationalError) (1553, "Cannot drop index
'uniq_instance_type_id_x_project_id_x_deleted': needed in a foreign
key constraint") 'ALTER TABLE instance_type_projects DROP INDEX
uniq_instance_type_id_x_project_id_x_deleted' ()

I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 having originally installed Essex and
progressively upgraded using cloud archive packages since.

# nova-manage  db version
184

a dump of my nova database schema as it currently stands is at:
https://gist.github.com/jon-proulx/79a77e8b771f90847ae9

The bug is marked "fix released", but one of the last comments request
schemata from affected systems so not sure if replying to the bug is
appropriate or if this should be a new bug.

-Jon