[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] [qa][FWaaS][Neutron]Firewall service disabled on gate

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 17:49:38 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Sumit Naiksatam
<sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yair, The FWaaS tempest tests were not planned for H release. They are
> planned for the current release (hence the blueprint) and some of us were
> working towards them. This is also a standing discuss item this during the
> the FWaaS sub team meetings.
>
> Thanks,
> ~Sumit.
>

> On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Salvatore Orlando <sorlando at nicira.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I reckon the decision of keeping neutron's firewall API out of gate tests
>> was reasonable for the Havana release.
>> I might be argued the other 'experimental' service, VPN, is already
>> enabled on the gate, but that did not happen before proving the feature was
>> reliable enough to not cause gate breakage.
>>
>> If we can confidently say the same for the firewall extension now, I would
>> agree on enabling it on gate tests as well.
>>
>> Salvatore
>>

>> On 29 December 2013 22:22, Yair Fried <yfried at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm trying to push a firewall api test [1] and I see it cannot run on the
>>> current gate.
>>> I was FWaaS is disabled since it broke the gate.
>>> Does anyone knows if this is still an issue?
>>> If so - how do we overcome this?
>>> I would like to do some work on this service (scenarios) and don't want
>>> to waste time if this is something that cannot be done right now
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Yair
>>>
>>> [1] https://review.openstack.org/64362

There was a change [0] proposed to enable q-fwaas in devstack-gate,
but it also enabled the service on the Havana branch which is
problematic because as I understand it adding extra neutron services
to the Havana gate broke things [1] and fwaas isn't ready in Havana.
If we want to enable this service we should only do so on the master
branch (feel free to update that change I can restore it), or if I am
mistaken about the state of things in the Havana gate let me know and
we can restore that change as is.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/60149/
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/48793/

Clark