[openstack-dev] [Tempest][qa] Adding tags to commit messages

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 30 16:30:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-30 10:25:07 -0500 (-0500), David Kranz wrote:
> I get that but it seems like this is a single field per gerrit user.
> Is that not true? If true, it is not useful because the point is
> that we want to be able to filter reviews that contain changes to
> tests for a particular project. I need to make different kinds of
> requests, like with a bookmark for each one. Is it possible?

Right, the file filter parameter is really only effective for
determining what changes Gerrit E-mails you about, or which ones
should be incorporated into your list of watched changes. It's not
available for general search queries (I suspect this was a
compromise made for efficiency reasons since the queries could be
pretty intense the way file information is stored in the underlying
database).

Note, we're still running Gerrit 2.4 at the moment, so once we
transition to 2.8 or 2.9 the flexibility in the search interface may
increase significantly (I've heard it gives you the ability to
bookmark various searches as custom dashboard views, but not sure
what other search improvements may be added there).
--
Jeremy Stanley