[openstack-dev] [Ironic]Communication between Nova and Ironic

Oleg Gelbukh ogelbukh at mirantis.com
Sun Dec 29 19:33:37 UTC 2013

Leslie,

This discussion is very interesting indeed :)

The current approach to auto-scale is that it is decided upon by Heat
service. Heat templates have special mechanisms to trigger auto-scaling of
resources when certain conditions are met.
In combination with Ironic, it has powerful potential for
OpenStack-on-OpenStack use case you're describing.

Baiscally, Heat has all orchestration functions in OpenStack. I see it as a
natural place for other interesting things like auto-migration of workloads
and so on.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Gelbukh