[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Testr] Brand new checkout of Neutron... getting insane unit test run results

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 15:02:08 UTC 2013

On 12/27/2013 11:11 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> I'm really sorry about the horrid UI - we're in the middle of fixing
> the plumbing to report this and support things like tempest better -
> from the bottom up. The subunit listing -> testr reporting of listing
> errors is fixed on the subunit side, but not on the the testr side
> yet.
>
> If you look at the end of the error:
>
> \rimport errors4neutron.tests.unit.linuxbridge.test_lb_neutron_agent\x85\xc5\x1a\\',
> stderr=None
> error: testr failed (3)
>
> You can see this^
>
> which translates as
> import errors
> neutron.tests.unit.linuxbridge.test_lb_neutron_agent
>
> so
>
> neutron/tests/unit/linuxbridge/test_lb_neutron_agent.py
>
> is failing to import.

Phew, thanks Rob! I was a bit stumped there :) I have identified the
import issue (this is on a fresh checkout of Neutron, BTW, so I'm a
little confused how this made it through the gate...

(.venv)jpipes at uberbox:~/repos/openstack/neutron$ python
Python 2.7.4 (default, Sep 26 2013, 03:20:26)
[GCC 4.7.3] on linux2
 >>> import neutron.tests.unit.linuxbridge.test_lb_neutron_agent
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "neutron/tests/unit/linuxbridge/test_lb_neutron_agent.py", line
29, in <module>
     from neutron.plugins.linuxbridge.agent import linuxbridge_neutron_agent
   File
"neutron/plugins/linuxbridge/agent/linuxbridge_neutron_agent.py", line
33, in <module>
     import pyudev
ImportError: No module named pyudev

Looks like pyudev needs to be added to requirements.txt... I've filed a bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1264687

with a patch here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64333/

Thanks again, much appreciated!