[openstack-dev] [QA][Neutron] About paramiko's "SSHException: Error reading SSH protocol banner"

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Fri Dec 27 00:53:59 UTC 2013

I put together all the patches which we prepared for making parallel
testing work, and ran a few times 'check experimental' on the gate to see
whether it worked or not.

With parallel testing, the only really troubling issue are the scenario
tests which require to access a VM from a floating IP, and the new patches
we've squashed together in [1] should address this issue. However, the
result is that timeouts are still observed but with a different message [2].
I'm not really familiar with it, and I've never observed it in local
testing. I wonder if it just happens to be the usual problem about the
target host not being reachable, or if it is something specific to paramiko.

Any hint would be appreciated, since from the logs is appears everything is
wired properly.

Salvatore

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/57420/
[2]