[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Availability of external testing logs

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Dec 23 19:13:59 UTC 2013

On 12/23/2013 12:10 PM, Collins, Sean wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 12:30:50PM +0100, Salvatore Orlando wrote:
>> I would suggest that external jobs should not vote until logs are publicly
>> accessible, otherwise contributors would have no reason to understand where
>> the negative vote came from.
>
> +1
>
> I've had Tail-F NCS Jenkins -1 some things that the OpenStack
> Jenkins has +1'd, and other times where I've seen it +1 things that
> OpenStack Jenkins -1'd.

Agreed.

I also think we need to have these systems prove themselves on
reliability before they post votes back. A mis configured CI system can
easily -1 the entire patch stream, and many of us use -Verified-1 as a
filter criteria on reviews, which effectively makes that a DOS attack.

Detailed public results need to come first. After those look reliable,
voting can be allowed.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague