[openstack-dev] olso.config error on running Devstack

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Mon Dec 23 16:52:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-18 09:26, Sayali Lunkad wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I get the following error when I run stack.sh on Devstack
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/local/bin/ceilometer-dbsync", line 6, in <module>
> from ceilometer.storage import dbsync
> File "/opt/stack/ceilometer/ceilometer/storage/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
> from oslo.config import cfg
> ImportError: No module named config
> ++ failed
> ++ local r=1
> +++ jobs -p
> ++ kill
> ++ set +o xtrace
>
> Search gives me olso.config is installed. Please let me know of any solution.

Devstack pulls oslo.config from git, so if you have it installed on the
system through pip or something it could cause problems. If you can
verify that it's only in /opt/stack/oslo.config, you might try deleting
that directory and rerunning devstack to pull down a fresh copy. I don't
know for sure what the problem is, but those are a couple of things to
try.

-Ben