[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Gerrit review refs now supported by diskimage-builder's source-repositories element

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Fri Dec 20 17:35:27 UTC 2013

Hi

As of just now (review 63021) the source-repositories element in
diskimage-builder can fetch git repos from gerrit reviews.

I figured it'd be worth mentioning here because it's super useful if you
want to test the code from one or more gerrit reviews, in a TripleO
environment.

A quick example, let's say you're using our devtest.sh script to build your
local environment and you want to try out patch set 9 of Yuiko Takada's
latest nova bug fix, all you need to do is:

export DIB_REPOLOCATION_nova=https://review.openstack.org/openstack/nova
export DIB_REPOREF_nova=refs/changes/56/53056/9
./scripts/devtest.sh

Bam!

(FWIW, the same env vars work if you're calling disk-image-create directly)

--
Cheers,

Chris