[openstack-dev] [trove] Dropping connectivity from guesagent to Trove back-end

Tim Simpson tim.simpson at rackspace.com
Fri Dec 20 15:32:29 UTC 2013

Because the ability to check if root is enabled is in an extension which would not be in effect for a datastore with no ACL support, the user would not be able to see that the marker for root enabled was set in the Trove infrastructure database either way.

By the way- I double checked the code, and I was wrong- the guest agent was *not* telling the database to update the root enabled flag. Instead, the API extension had been updating the database all along after contacting the guest. Sorry for making this thread more confusing.

It seems like if you follow my one (hopefully last) suggestion on this pull request, it will solve the issue you're tackling: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/59410/5

Thanks,

Tim