[openstack-dev] [trove] Delivering datastore logs to customers

Vipul Sabhaya vipuls at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 08:14:33 UTC 2013

Yep agreed, this is a great idea.

We really only need two API calls to get this going:
- List available logs to ‘save’
- Save a log (to swift)

Some additional points to consider:
- We don’t need to create a record of every Log ‘saved’ in Trove.  These
entries, treated as a Trove resource aren’t useful, since you don’t
actually manipulate that resource.
- Deletes of Logs shouldn’t be part of the Trove API, if the user wants to
delete them, just use Swift.
- A deployer should be able to choose which logs can be ‘saved’ by their
users