[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Ironic] Get power and temperature via IPMI

Alan Kavanagh alan.kavanagh at ericsson.com
Fri Dec 20 03:57:42 UTC 2013

Cheers Gao

It definitely makes sense to collect additional metrics such as power and temperature, and make that available for selective decisions you would want to take. However, I am just wondering if you could realistically feed those metrics as variables for scheduling, this is the main part I feel is questionable. I assume then you would use temperature &|| power etc to gauge if you want to schedule another VM on a given node when a given temperature threshold is reached. Is this the main case you are thinking of Gao?

Alan