[openstack-dev] [tuskar] How to install tuskar-ui from packaging point of view

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Thu Dec 19 09:34:55 UTC 2013

On 16/12/13 04:47, Thomas Goirand wrote:

[snip]

> As for tuskar-ui, the install.rst is quite vague about how to install. I
> got the python-tuskar-ui binary package done, with egg-info and all,
> that's not the problem. What worries me is this part:

[snip]

Hello Thomas,

sorry for the late reply. The install instructions in the tuskar-ui
repository seem to be written with the developer in mind. For a
production installation (for which Tuskar is not yet entirely ready,
regrettably), you would just need two things:

1. Make sure that tuskar_ui is importable as a python module.
2. Make sure that Tuskar-UI is enabled as a Horizon extension, by
creating a file within Horizon's configuration, as described here:
https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/master/doc/source/topics/settings.rst#examples

We will need to update our documentation to include those instructions.

I hope that helps.
--
Radomir Dopieralski