[openstack-dev] [Neutron][lbaas] plugin driver

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Thu Dec 19 08:22:19 UTC 2013

Hi Subrahmanyam,

The patch was originally implemented by Oleg Bondarev :)
> plugin-driver appears to be specific to driver provider
That's correct
> How does this work with single common agent and many providers?
The idea is that the plugin-driver is server-side logic which defines how
neutron-server interacts with the device implementing LB. For example,
haproxy plugin driver does it by communicating with lbaas-agent via rpc.
LBaas-agent has specific driver (device driver) that manages haproxy
processes on the host.
There could be other device drivers.
Using common agent is not required for a plugin-driver.

> Who owns the plugin driver?
Usually it's vendor's responsibility to maintain their drivers.

Thanks,
Eugene.