[openstack-dev] Adding DB migration items to the common review checklist

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 04:08:00 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 02:14 PM, Brant Knudson wrote:
> Matt -
>
> Could a test be added that goes through the models and checks these
> things? Other projects could use this too.
>
> Here's an example of a test that checks if the tables are all InnoDB:
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/tests/db/test_migrations.py?id=6e455cd97f04bf26bbe022be17c57e089cf502f4#n430

Actually, there's already work done for this.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/42307/

I was initially put off by the unique constraint naming convention (and
it's still a little problematic due to constraint name length
constraints in certain RDBMS), but the patch above is an excellent start.

Please show Svetlana's work a little review love :)

Best,
-jay