[openstack-dev] Unified Guest Agent proposal

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Dec 18 17:41:28 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Dmitry Mescheryakov's message of 2013-12-18 09:32:30 -0800:
> Clint, do you mean
>   * use os-collect-config and its HTTP transport as a base for the PoC
> or
>   * migrate os-collect-config on PoC after it is implemented on
> oslo.messaging
>
> I presume the later, but could you clarify?

os-collect-config speaks two HTTP API's: EC2 metadata and
CloudFormation. I am suggesting that it would be fairly easy to teach
it to also speak oslo.messaging. It currently doesn't have a two-way
communication method, but that is only because we haven't needed that.
It wouldn't be difficult at all to have responders instead of collectors
and send back a response after the command is run.