[openstack-dev] [Nova] Future meeting times

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Dec 18 14:29:13 UTC 2013

Greetings,

The weekly Nova meeting [1] has been held on Thursdays at 2100 UTC.
I've been getting some requests to offer an alternative meeting time.
I'd like to try out alternating the meeting time between two different
times to allow more people in our global development team to attend
meetings and engage in some real-time discussion.

I propose the alternate meeting time as 1400 UTC.  I realize that
doesn't help *everyone*, but it should be an improvement for some,
especially for those in Europe.

If we proceed with this, we would meet at 2100 UTC on January 2nd, 1400
UTC on January 9th, and alternate from there.  Note that we will not be
meeting at all on December 26th as a break for the holidays.

If you can't attend either of these times, please note that the meetings
are intended to be supplementary to the openstack-dev mailing list.  In
the meetings, we check in on status, raise awareness of important
issues, and progress some discussions with real-time debate, but the
most important discussions and decisions will always be brought to the
openstack-dev mailing list, as well.  With that said, active Nova
contributors are always encouraged to attend and participate if they are
able.

Comments welcome, especially some acknowledgement that there are people
that would attend the alternate meeting time.  :-)

Thanks,

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Nova

--
Russell Bryant