[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Ironic] Get power and temperature via IPMI

Gao, Fengqian fengqian.gao at intel.com
Wed Dec 18 06:00:20 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
I am planning to extend bp https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/utilization-aware-scheduling with power and temperature. In other words, power and temperature can be collected and used for nova-scheduler just as CPU utilization.
I have a question here. As you know, IPMI is used to get power and temperature and baremetal implements IPMI functions in Nova. But baremetal driver is being split out of nova, so if I want to change something to the IPMI, which part should I choose now? Nova or Ironic?

Best wishes

--fengqian