[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPv6] Change I5b2313ff: Create a new attribute for subnets, to store v6 dhcp options

Ian Wells ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk
Tue Dec 17 20:55:04 UTC 2013

This is a discussion document for starters -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rOBOOu_OwixMStm6XJOb5PKkJA6eFbL_XCE7wlTfaPY.
 It's lacking the names you asked for at the moment but have a comment
on
it (frequent commenters get edit rights) and from there we can generate and
tidy up the blueprints.  I think that BP will go forward with changes to
the attribute name and possibly the location in that patch.  In summary, I
think we need only a couple of public options and then to generate dnsmasq
configs from those.

Aside from that, the document is trying to be a comprehensive list of
changes to implement ipv6 properly.  That doesn't mean to say we have to do
every element between now and Icehouse, we'll have succeeded even if we
only get the basic cases to work.  For instance, we don't need DHCPv6
providing SLAAC will allocate addresses, it's a refinement that brings
benefits but we can do without.
--
Ian.