[openstack-dev] [savanna][qa] How will tempest tests run?

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 17 12:02:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

thank you for catching this question. Sure, we'd like to enable Savanna by
default for d-g tests. We decided to have a separated jobs now to be able
to develop stable enough basic API tests in Tempest to potentially not
break gating. So, that's why we have savanna d-g jobs in exp pipeline of
tempest - to be able to review and merge our changes. And additionally
that's a good question about should incubated projects testing enabled by
default in common d-g tests.

Currently, only one resource (node group templates) covered by API tests
and it's under review, we're really hope that will receive some feedback
for our reviews in tempest and than will continue working on covering other
resource.

Do you have any concerns with such approach?

Thanks.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 2:30 AM, David Kranz <dkranz at redhat.com> wrote:

> So it's great to see a submission of savanna tests for tempest. We would
> like to see these tests run before reviewing them. Is the intent that
> savanna will be enabled by default in devstack? If not, then I guess there
> will need to be separate savanna jobs. I see that right now there are
> savanna-enabled devstack jobs on the tempest experimental queue. In the
> long run, what is the intent for how these jobs should run? This is similar
> to the issue with ironic. It doesn't seem very scalable to set up separate
> complete tempest jobs for every project that is not turned on by default in
> devstack. Thoughts?
>
>  -David

Sincerely yours,
Sergey Lukjanov