[openstack-dev] Project-Scoped Service Catalog Entries

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 01:57:54 UTC 2013

On 12/16/2013 08:39 PM, Adam Young wrote:
<snip>
> See the endpoint filtering blueprint from the Havana release as a
> starting point.  I think the difference between that and what you have
> here is that these endpoints should only show up in a subset of the
> service catalogs returned?
>
> https://github.com/openstack/keystone/commit/5dc50bbf0fb94506a06ae325d46bcf3ac1c4ad0a

Unfortunately, this functionality was added as an API extension that
isn't enabled by default in the WSGI pipeline and, by the nature of it
being an extension, isn't guaranteed to be the same across deployments :(

So, in order to use this functionality, Horizon will need to query for
the existence of an OS-EP-FILTER extenstion to the Keystone API, and
enable functionality based on this.

Yet another reason I hate the idea of API extensions.

-jay