[openstack-dev] a time-based resource management system

devdatta kulkarni devdatta.kulkarni at rackspace.com
Mon Dec 16 23:25:23 UTC 2013

Hi Alan,

Looks like an interesting project.

Some questions/comments:

1) For resources, are you targeting only VMs, or is the scope going to include other resources
   as well (swift, load balancers, etc.)

2) Is the scope of reservation limited to time/duration or do you envision
   the scope to also include other kinds of contextual information (e.g. reserved capacity
   threshold), if any?

3) How are you currently specifying resource reservation policies?
   Are you using any specific policy specification framework for this purpose?

4) The details about mechanisms for session tracking and access revocation
   would be interesting to understand. The wiki page mentions there is a prototype
   implementation, but I did not find a link. Is there anything that you can share?

5) In the implementation section, you mention that you are using roles and user access-list
   maintained by nova to control access. I was wondering if you considered Keystone
   to enforce time-based authorization policies of Cafe.

Good luck.

Thanks,
- Devdatta