[openstack-dev] Announcing Fuel

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Mon Dec 16 20:59:15 UTC 2013

Thanks for support,
as a starting point we have chosen Ironic - we really want to see it as a
replacement of Fuel's existing provisioning layer, with an intention of
participation and delivery of many features which we already know from the
real-world installations with Fuel.

We are trying to be more test-driven, so starting our contributions as
proof of concept for functional testing framework for Ironic:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/62410/2, see the description in README
file: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/62410/2/irci/README.md
Distributed envs testing, especially PXE booting is the area of our
interest. Next, we plan to collaboratively work on torrent-based
provisioning driver.

Fuel UI & Tuskar UI are also very interesting topic. Mark - thanks for
provided links. Let us get a few cycles to research what you have so far
and get back to you.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Liz Blanchard <lsurette at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2013, at 8:04 AM, Jaromir Coufal <jcoufal at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2013/12/12 15:31, Mike Scherbakov wrote:
> >> Folks,
> >>

> >> Most of you by now have heard of Fuel, which we’ve been working on as a
> >> related OpenStack project for a period of time
> >> -<https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-main>see
> >> https://launchpad.net/fueland https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel. The
> >> aim of the project is to provide a distribution agnostic and plug-in
> >> agnostic engine for preparing, configuring and ultimately deploying
> >> various “flavors” of OpenStack in production. We’ve also used Fuel in
> >> most of our customer engagements to stand up an OpenStack cloud.
> >> We’d love to open discussion on this and hear everybody’s thoughts on
> >> this direction.
> >
> > Hey Mike,
> >
> > it sounds all great. I'll be very happy to discuss all the UX efforts
> going on in TripleO/Tuskar UI together with intentions and future steps of
> Fuel.
> >
> +1. The Fuel wizard has some great UX ideas to bring to our thoughts
> around deployment in the Tuskar UI!
>
> Great to hear these will be brought together,
> Liz
>
> > Cheers
> > -- Jarda
> >
> > --- Jaromir Coufal (jcoufal)