[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Tuskar CLI after architecture changes

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 15:26:35 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 17:48 +0100, Jiří Stránský wrote:
<snip>
> >> When you say python- clients, is there a distinction between the CLI and
> >> a bindings library that invokes the server-side APIs? In other words,
> >> the CLI is packaged as CLI+bindings and the UI as GUI+bindings?
>
> python-tuskarclient = Python bindings to tuskar-api + CLI, in one project
>
> tuskar-ui doesn't have it's own bindings, it depends on
> python-tuskarclient for bindings to tuskar-api (and other clients for
> bindings to other APIs). UI makes use just of the Python bindings part
> of clients and doesn't interact with the CLI part. This is the general
> OpenStack way of doing things.

Please everyone excuse my relative lateness in joining this discussion,
but I'm wondering if someone could point me to discussions (or summit
session etherpads?) where the decision was made to give Tuskar a
separate UI from Horizon? I'm curious what the motivations were around
this?

Thanks, and again, sorry for being late to the party! :)

-jay