[openstack-dev] [savanna] data locality/rack topology question

Andrey Lazarev alazarev at mirantis.com
Sat Dec 14 00:08:05 UTC 2013

Hi Jon,

If I remember right, I just checked that output for topology.data file is
the same as expected without hypervisor awareness and jobs executed
correctly. There is a chance that hadoop just ignores rack information in
such case.

So, the right answer to your question: nobody tested
"data_locality=true, hypervisor_awareness=false"
configuration precisely.

Thanks,
Andrew.